TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:4632] glibc2 and resolver code

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Mark A. Bentley wrote:

> A little more info on the RedHat 5.2 resolver problem I was asking about
> earlier:
>
> Looking through the glibc2 source again... Looks like there is conditional
> code for the sortlist resolver option.  In resolver/res_init.c ...
>
> #ifdef RESOLVSORT
>                 if (MATCH(buf, "sortlist")) {
>                     struct in_addr a;
>                 .
>                 .
>                 .
> #endif
>

> But I can't find a "#define RESOLVSORT" anywhere! Doh!  I wonder if this
> code wasn't even compiled in?

I just re-built the glibc-2.0.7-29.rpm from the SRPM, and inserted this
define into the resolv/Makefile.  It build clean, and after installing the
newly generated rpms, the sortlist options works!  Whoo hoo!  :)

Mark A Bentley                  Email:  bentlema@cs.umn.edu
Systems Staff, CSci Dept
University of Minnesota         URL:    http://www.cs.umn.edu/~bentlema/