TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:4607] Downloading Linux Slackware

I have a couple of suggestions for you. First I'd get the install guide from here
ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/linux-doc-project/install-guide/

this can be found at
http://metlab.unc.edu/LDP

the above URL is the Linux Documentation Project homepage. Here you can find the answers to all your questions and more questions to find answers too. The install guide which I have pointed you too should tell you everything you need to know about slackware: which files to download, how to go about setting up your computer for a linux install and so on and so forth.

As far as an option in Netscape to download multiple files I don't believe such a thing exists (if anyone knows of one _please_ let me know) My advice would be to try and find a ftp specific program such as CuteFTP or WsFTP. I'm not sure where any of these are available. Try http://www.download.com  or http://www.winfiles.com
These will let you get multiple files and folders and a lot of other stuff and a fairly easy to use. There is also the windows ftp command which can be run from the DOS prompt. I wouldn't recommend it if you're not familiar with command line ftp.

Well, hope this helps. If you have any more questions feel free to post.

Hans