TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:4480] IP Masq question, answer, and another question

>         Of course I could be wrong -- which brings me to a question I haven't been
> able to figure out -- I can't use ncftp from boxes inside my network.  I can
> connect, but it complains about "Passive Mode" or just hangs up every time I
> try to do an 'ls'.  I've tried switching passive mode on and off, to no
> avail.  I *can* use Netscape as an FTP client with no problem.  Any idea
> what I'm missing?

If you're running masquerading, you probably have to insert a module -
ip_masq_ftp, IIRC.

If you have a proxy, that would probably explain why Netscape works and
ncftp doesn't..

--
|               Mike Hicks | Linux User Since: 1.2.13
: http://umn.edu/~hick0088 | mailto:hick0088@tc.umn.edu
`              icq:6883760 | Current Kernel: 2.2.1