TCLUG Archive

out of memory

Hi Folks,

I've just completed my first install of Openlinux 1.3
I have much to learn. I'm hoping for a pointer or two.
When I use Netscape to browse the help manual all goes well until I hit the fourth link. KDE crashes and the system leaves a not so nice message that I've run out of memory.
The IBM 300gl I'm using has 32meg of memory and I created a 128M swap partition.

2-
The system will occassionaly lockup when I try to use a graphics program under KDE or X86.

The system is unresponsive to either the mouse or the keyboard.

Thanks for any hints...
Rick